Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Summer! What do we do now?

I have been so excited for summer to come, but now that it is here I am a little bit worried that I'm not going to be able to entertain my kids. We don't move back to our house for about a month so we definitely are going to have to think hard. Today we built a hut and that seemed to keep us busy for a little while.

After lunch and naps we headed up to the Rec Center. Aunt Lisa was supposed to join us, but she couldn't make it. The kids had fun swimming and eating the snacks that we brought. Mom even took Chase down the Hydro-tube (I'm sure that was a sight!)
We spent the last hour playing on the splash pad.

Grandma even came up with a list of things to do, here it is:

-Work on Summer Program
-Throw pitches at the wall and catch them
-Pull 50 weeds in the garden
-Pick up the rocks in the lawn
-Find a worm
-Bird watching
-Play trains
-Learn something new out of the Encyclopedia
-Count to 100 by 1's, 2's, 5's and 10's
-Burp the ABC's

Well, 1 day down! How many to go?

1 comment:

The Calico Crew said...

I love that your mom came up w/ the idea of burping the alphabet. Are your kids as good as you with the belching? You could rip a few after you got a bit of pepsi in ya! I'm sure you'll find plenty of things to do this summer--your problem will be trying to fit it all in! -I think YOU need to play V-ball with us for Peach Days the first part of Sept. That's just for you, not the kids!:)