Friday, November 28, 2008

Hayden's 1st Thanksgiving

Hayden had an eventful 1st Thanksgiving. Early that morning at about 2:00 a.m. Cody and I woke up to hear her wheezing in her crib. I immediately got up to check on her and realized that she was a having a small asthma attack. We got her up and gave her a breathing treatment with our nebulizer. She finally started breathing better and we got her back to sleep. When we got up the next morning she was having a hard time breathing again. I don't deal well when our kids are sick so I insisted that we take her to the doctor. When Cody got to the Instacare he called to tell me that they were closed. We decided to bring her back home and we would just continue to treat her with nebulizer treatments, cough medicine, and cold air. She did okay and was surprisingly pleasant. She even crawled for the very first time. Boy, were we proud. That night we put her to bed and prayed that she would do okay during the night. She slept fine and seemed to be okay when I left to got "Black Friday" shopping with my mom. I got home at about 8:30 and she had just gotten up with Cody. I still thought that she sounded pretty rough, so I decided to take her into the doctor. We got there pretty quick and she was the second patient to be seen. The doctor told us that she had Bronchitis. They gave her a shot with a steroid in it to help open up her lungs and he told us to continue treating her with the nebulizer. What a difference that shot made, her breathing almost immediately got better.

The crazy thing about all of this is how pleasant she was. What a sweetie!


 
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Andrus Family said...

How sad!! I hate it when my kids are sick. Does she have asthma? Thank goodness for modern day medicine. Thanks Cody for your help the other day I really appreciated it. In that picture of Sherwood I was trying to figure out who they were. But once I looked closer I figured it out. I still picture him being like 16 and I keep thinking that I am 18 not almost 30!! Crazy how fast time flies and yet I still want to think that I haven't gotten any older. I am glad that we can blog to keep in touch since I am so bad otherwise! We do need to get together sometime though!!!!